Sunday, January 11, 2009

First post, tuna and potato chip casserole recipe

Hello and welcome to my new blog! I'm very excited to have started this blog and I look forward to sharing recipes, tips, and ideas to anyone interested. I will try to update as regularly as I can and will include my own gluten, dairy, and soy free recipes along with other recipes of what I cook for my family. When I first embarked on this adventure I had a really hard time trying to find things that didn't contain gluten, dairy, or soy. I got depressed about having such a limited diet and not being able to eat with my family. So I started doing some research and really paying attention at the grocery store to find things that were tasty, not to difficult to make, and didn't contain my three no no's. Variety is a big deal to me as I don't like eating the same thing over and over again. I also try to make sure my meals are nutritious and not lacking in protein and vegetables. Since my meals are only for me I usually cook a portion that will last me two days, I'm okay with eating the same dinner two nights in a row but beyond that I get bored with it. I'm also working on efficiently being able to cook my dinner while I'm cooking my family's dinner so that even though my food is different, we all get to eat together as a family. If you don't have any diet restrictions my meals can easily be converted to use regular ingridients.

So, for my first post I'd like to share with you a very simple recipe. It's high in protein and omega 3's. Hope you enjoy!

Tuna and Potato Chips Casserole
What you'll need:
-Six 5oz. cans of tuna
-One bag of frozen peas
-Three celery stalks, chopped
-Garlic powder, to taste
-Pepper, to taste
-One bag baked ruffles original potato chips
-One half jar of canola mayo

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingridients except chips into a casserole dish (I use a 9x9 pirex dish)
Crunch up a few handfuls of potato chips and stir into the casserole. Top off the casserole with crunched up potato chips. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search