Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vegetable and Goat Cheese Quiche

Spaghetti and meatballs was on the menu for my family tonight. The easy way, frozen meatballs heated in some store bought sauces. For myself I decided to try something new. I had a zuchinni and yellow squash, and I bought a red and a yellow bell pepper and decided to make a dinner quiche out of it. The idea originally came from Karina's Kitchen but I made my own variations. I use fresh goat cheese which makes this recipe dairy free. You could substitute for any cheese of your liking, depending on your diet. This is one of my favorite recipes so far. I use hempmilk for this recipe it's creamier than rice milk and works well as a milk substitute in most recipes. You can also use regular milk or light cream. Since this is a gluten free recipe the quiche is crustless, but so good you don't even notice something's missing. You can also mix and match on the veggies. Every time I make this it's a bit different. For me though, it's got to have the spinach.

What you'll need
1 zuchinni
1 yellow squash
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 bunch spinach, washed and stems cut off
4 large eggs
1/2 cup original hempmilk
1 package fresh goat cheese
Basil

Instructions
Slice zuchinni and yellow squash then cut slices into fours. Cut peppers into strips then cut in half. I find that the smaller pieces work better. Also cut spinach into smaller pieces. Toss the veggies so that they are mixed together. Put veggies into the pie plate (I use a 9" pirex pie plate) and put all but about an ounce of the goat cheese over the vegetables. In a seperate bowl beat eggs and hempmilk until well blended. Pour over veggies and feta. Sprinkle top with remaining feta. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search