Friday, February 13, 2009

Turkey Noodle Casserole

A while back I had tried some gluten free pasta and found it way to dense. I stayed away from the rice pastas but decided to give it another try. One thing I've learned about living gluten free is that you have to be willing to go through trying out the bad stuff in order to find the good. I don't remember what brand of pasta I bought this last time but it came in a bag, not a box, and I bought it at Fred Meyer. I was impressed with this one. It was nice and soft the way I like pasta to be, rather than dense and a bit dry. This was a very easy meal to make and lasted me for three days. It's not completely dairy free but it is lactose free and if you absolutely can't have any dairy you could always leave out the cheese, or substitute for a non dairy cheese.

What you'll need
1 package of turkey breast strips
1 bag of gluten free pasta (I used elbow noodles)
3 stalks of celery, sliced
1 can sweet peas
sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups milk substitute (I prefer hemp milk)
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Instructions
Cook turkey strips until they are white all the way through. Cook pasta according to package instructions. In a casserole dish combine pasta, turkey, peas, celery, mushrooms, and milk. Mix thoroughly. Stir in some shredded cheddar and top the casserole with a layer of cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search