Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lemon Chicken

It's been a while since I've updated anything here. Sorry about that. Live has been busy and I don't always get computer time seeing as I share a computer with two teens. I've been busy delving into gluten free baking. When I have some recipes perfected I'll be adding those on here. I've also been trying to work on some breakfasts. I've almost got hollandaise sauce down but it still needs a little bit of work. Anyway, I did make a new dinner and thought I'd share. It's very easy and delicious. Lemon chicken has always been one my favorite dishes at chinese restaurants so I decided to try it for myself.

What you'll need
2 cups gluten free chicken broth (I buy progresso)
2 cups lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons corn starch
3 tablespoons cold water
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Instructions
Cut chicken breast into strips and cook in a little canola oil over medium heat. For the sauce heat chicken broth in a medium sized pot. Bring it to a boil, add lemon juice and sugar. In a seperate bowl mix corn starch and water until corn starch is disolved. Add corn starch mixture to the pot, bring to a boil stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens. Pour over the cooked chicken. I also serve this with some white rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search