Friday, May 29, 2009

Tuna noodle salad

Today was our first really hot day of the year. It ended up at 81 degrees today, quite the change from being in the 50's. I was doing my grocery shopping today and I was trying to figure out something to make for myself that was cheap, easy, and won't cause me to swelter any more than I was already going to (I cooked for the family). My boyfriend, well my fiance actually, had talked about a tuna salad a couple of weeks ago and that came to me today. I could make a tuna noodle salad. It's both cheap and easy. I cooked BBQ chicken and rice-a-roni for the family, along with a couple cans of green beans. While I had the chicken boiling I also had my pasta boiling. While that was going I opened up the tuna, peas, and mayo and put it in a container. Once the pasta was done I added it to the mix, mixed some salt and pepper, and put it in the fridge. My dinner was done. Tomorrow I'm grilling hamburgers and corn on the cob. I've got some gluten free buns in the freezer so I'll thaw one for tomorrow and then I get to eat the same thing along with my family. That doesn't happen often and it's nice to be able to enjoy the same meal I cook for them. Enough of that, on to the recipe.

What you'll need
*2 cans tuna (I use bumblebee in water)
*2-3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
*1 package rice noodles (I used tinkyada elbow pasta)
*1 can sweet peas
*about a teaspoon of mustard
*salt and pepper

Instructions
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Put all ingredients except salt and pepper into a big bowl or tupperware like container. This way you can save it and not use extra dishes. Once the pasta is cooked, strain and rinse it with cold water. Add the pasta to the tuna and mayonnaise mix and mix together, adding salt and pepper to taste, until well blended. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search