Saturday, March 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

I found the original recipe for these on pinterest. If you've never been to that site, I highly recommend it.  I have found so many cool things over there, from recipe's to clothes, to hair, even inspirational and humorous pictures and quotes.  This recipe was not originally supposed to be a gluten free recipe but it looked good and so I adapted it to be gluten free.  They were very easy to make and the thing that I like about this recipe is how adaptable it is.  You can personalize it and change it in so many ways.  Can't have peanuts?  Use almonds and substitute the peanut butter for almond or sunflower butter.  I'm sure either would work equally as well.  You can pretty much add in anything you want to suit your tastebuds.  Chocolate chips, more nuts, coconut, seeds, whatever.  They only took 25 minutes to bake and they came out crunchy.  They do crumble easily but I may not have mixed it as well as I could have.  You can make these no bake, I have yet to try that though.  You just put them in the fridge for at least an hour to set rather than baking.  My guess is that if you no bake them they will be more chewy.  I'll try it that way next time to see how it works.  



The finished product
Gluten free granola bars:

4 cups rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill certified gluten free oats)
1/2 nuts, chopped
2 Tbsp chia seeds (these are optional and I didn't use them)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (or alternate butter), melted
1/2 honey or brown rice syrup (I used honey)


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients well.  You may need to use your hands (which I should have done but didn't).  Add your add ins.  Chocolate chips, coconut, whatever you like.  Bake for 25 minutes and cool completely before cutting.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search