Sunday, April 8, 2012

Super Easy Cinnamon Pancakes

I love pancakes.  I also love quick and easy recipes.  You can't get much quicker and easier for this one.  I have always been known for experimenting with flavors of pancakes.  Chocolate chip, banana, apple, I'll put almost anything in pancake batter that I think sounds good.  Lately I've been on a cinnamon kick.  I love the flavor of cinnamon.  Apple cinnamon is my current favorite yogurt flavor, it is also my favorite flavor for apple chips.  Baked apples with cinnamon are really good too.

So, as I was getting Easter dinner ready today I noticed this in my cupboard.
And the pancake craving was born.  I really like this mix.  It tastes great, has good texture, and is cheap and easy compared to making your own gluten free pancakes and waffles from various flours.  I took the recipe for pancakes on the back of the box and cut it in half.  This was pretty much perfect for a single serving of pancakes.  I was able to make two fairly small sized pancakes and one semi large one.  I also whipped up a couple of scramble eggs to go with them, don't want to sugar myself out completely.  So, here's what I did.

1/2 cup gluten free bisquick
1/2 milk or milk substitute (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1 Tbsp oil (the instructions say vegetable oil but I don't buy vegetable oil and used canola oil instead)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tbsp or so of ground cinnamon

Mix all the ingredient in a bowl with a whisk until just blended.  Cook on a pan at medium heat with non stick spray, butter, whatever your choice is.  Cook just like regular pancakes, when they start to bubble flip them.  They don't bubble as much as non gluten free pancakes but they do still bubble a bit.  Cook for a minute or two after you've flipped them, pour on some maple syrup and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search