Saturday, September 8, 2012

Grilled Zucchini Over Quinoa

I keep forgetting I have this blog.  I've made some new things but haven't taken pictures or thought about posting.  Oy.  Anyway, so here I am with a very simple, yet very tasty recipe that I made tonight. It's vegan and only takes about 20-25 minutes from start to finish.  Very few ingredients are needed.  Quinoa, zucchini, olive oil, and some daiya mozzarella type cheese.  You could skip the cheese but I thought it added a nice flavor.  It's soy free and gluten free as well.


Ingredients

3 zucchini, cut into strips
1 cup quinoa, dry
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Daiya mozzarella shreds to sprinkle on top 

Instructions

Cook quinoa per package instructions.  When the quinoa is almost done, heat olive oil over medium heat in pan.  Add the zucchini and salt a pepper to taste.  Stir the zucchini about every minute or so and then it brown a little.   Put cooked quinoa on your plate, top it off with grilled zucchini, and sprinkle the cheese over the top.  Makes 2-3 servings depending on your appetite.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by
    error, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here
    now and would just like to say thank you for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all at
    the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
    back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent
    work.

    Feel free to visit my web site: weight loss tips

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search